GET US OUT OF HERE - WE ONLY HAVE TILL TOMORROW!!!
I am sure I’ve mentioned what a nightmare San Bernardino Animal Shelter is and how they will kill an animal on the day it is finally available for adoption. And when I say they will kill ‘A’ animal, what I mean is they will kill 21 all at once.
San Bernardino gets paid $100 per kill they make by the county. According to their previous shelter director, Ken Childress - the shelter takes in an average of/ and holds 250-275 animals.
This is a new fresh batch up for rescue/foster/adoption in San Bernardino, California. For those curious tender hearts across our nation and awakening No Kill lovers, this shelter is near Palm Springs, Riverside, Fontana, Covina, and is pretty damned close, overall in respects of rescue - to Los Angeles.
- For those of you who are local but have transport issues, the rescuers will get the kitty to you.
- For those of you who are a fair distance, the Underground Railroad Rescued Kitty Network can help you find transport for immense distances. https://www.facebook.com/groups/URRKN/
For all of us who are disgusted with the constant incomings into high kill shelters know there’s been great success in places who ban animal mills, who regulate breeders, who ban pet stores selling live animals, who embrace Trap/Neuter/Release protocols, and who take a very good look at the new model for "No Kill Shelters."
For the doubters take a look at the headline below. It’s not the first city, by any means, to begin making this great trend a reality either…
The answer to high kill shelters is in our hands. The answer is in being a tough mamajama. It’s in making sure smug city leaders like San Bernardino’s animal murdering Mayor Cary Davis be shown the door, taking the trash out with him. (Please read the article I linked his name to)
The answer to saving lives is achievable. It’s easy! Start by caring about lives and then act on it.
- Share this posting. Let’s get these animals out of the shadow of death and in the eyes of those who would love them. Who to share it with? Share it with your church congregation. Share it with your class reunion, your office, your husband’s office, your kid’s soccer team, or create a network where you reach out to your local businesses.
- Read up on TNR.
- Help educate the public. Maybe start by focusing on San Bernardino’s public. Let them know that the mayor and shelters of San Bernardino make money while not doing a whole lot of outreach or education with it. This shelter barely gives these animals a day to be listed for adoption and get adopted, before they kill. Get creative! Make videos, write impassioned articles, create photos, poems, make posters, do some flyering/canvassing. Everything has a reach. Every effort matters.
- Send your officials a message. Send Mayor Cary a personal message that he isn’t sitting in office to just collect clout and pay. He’s supposed to represent the lives of those with the smallest voices, too. Not blurt out during public meetings that he is against animal activists.
- Let your officials know you’re not kidding. If they’re not interested in listening make them listen. Petitions and protests have a purpose but I still believe the pen is the mightiest weapon. Write your news outlets. Write them articles that can reflect what you want to see them write. If they don’t want to help tell them, that’s fine - that’s what the internet and grassroots are there for and you’ll be happy to include their names in your list of action-less “do nothings” in the face of suffering. Write, make memes, make videos, do whatever you feel like to get the message out that you want your shelters to transition from kill to no kill, and that such and such is standing in the way. Then share it with large and small rescue orgs and other anti-suffering orgs. Share your experience with the large Facebook and yahoo animal advocate groups. Reach into your community! It’s so easy to from your own home. Maybe start with an anti-Mayor Davis campaign of your own. All it takes is a little gumption and outreach. Get the man voted out of office since he’s been caught complaining to councilmen that he doesn’t care about the shelter deaths. He didn’t even complain about having to hear out other solutions! He literally just railed against hearing about the lives of animals.
If our community leaders don’t want to lead then let them know you don’t mind dragging them behind.
[ PAGE CREATOR ]
A REQUEST FOR HELP …
Ferguson Tire next to downtown Weirton Krogers are permitting their employees to torture and kill the stray cats and kittens that live behind Krogers. Yesterday a employee drove over a mother cat who gave birth to 5 kittens a week and a half ago. We are looking for someone who may have a cat that is still feeding its young to foster/feed these kittens till they can eat on their own. This has been passed on to me by a group of ladies who feed and water these cats daily at their expense. We are only looking for a foster mom till they can eat on their own. PLEASE PASS THIS ON. Thank you — with Rick Freshwater.
Graphic Photo below